Saturday, June 05, 2010

Catching up to the construction - end of autumn 2009

I blog fell off big time last fall. I don't know if it was the cold weather or that I had a ton of photos and got really busy. But whatever. I've got three sets of photos and some videos detailing the work that was done from late October to the end of November before they stopped for the winter. They detail the set up and then the execution of the road tearing up process. One highlight is some great shots of old brick vertical drain. Really quite beautiful. I've got a lot of pictures to get through, so I'll keep the commentary to the essential.





Fall view from my stairs















In the picture below, you can just make out my two neighbours. Both older Portuguese men who have been here for decades. Rumour has it that they feuded for several years, but now socialize regularily and have, with others, taken great pleasure from observing and talking about the construction.


No comments: